Learn how to use the ACODA Typewriter Element to create 3d & Typewriter style animated text.
Install Typewriter Plugin
Please ensure the Typewriter plugin is installed. To install the plugin, goto the WordPress Admin > Appearance > Install Plugins > Locate ACODA Typewriter > Click Install.
To add a Typewriter Element to a page, Edit or Create a Page and click on Backend Editor or Frontend Editor to activate the Visual Composer.
Add the Typewriter Element
Next, we’ll add the Typewriter element to the page.
- Click + Add Element
- Goto the search bar and search Typewriter
- Click the Typewriter Element
Configure the Typewriter
Next, we’ll now configure the Typewriter. By default the Typewriter will use the settings shown in the diagram above.
- Animate Type – Choose between the Rotate 3d or Typewriter animation
- Lead Text – If you wish to display some static text ( lead text ) before the animated text, you can add it here, in most cases, this isn’t needed
- Font Color – Choose the Color of your Typewriter text
- Align – Set the alignment of the Typewriter
- Formatting – Set the format of the text. Only use the Heading 1 if there are no other Heading 1 tags on the page ( this is for SEO purposes )
- Font Weight – Choose the Font Weight of the Typewriter text
- Font Size – Set the Typewriter Font Size – the size differs depending on what formatting you’ve selected
- Duration – The Duration is the time the word is visible for, longer words require more time
- Delay – This value is the Delay time between each word animation – smaller values are recommended
- Pause – The Pause value is the Pause time at the end after all the words have been animated – use this to pause on the last word
- Text to Animate – These are the words you’re going to Animate, each line is animated at a time. You can use small sentences too. It’s not recommended to use the Typewriter to animate large sentences.
- Once you’re happy with the settings, click Save changes and Close