Learn about the different Theme Widget areas.
Accessing the Widget Areas
To view the Theme widget areas, follow these steps:
- Goto your WordPress Admin and click Appearance
- Click the Widgets menu item
- The diagram above indicates the default Widget areas that come with the Theme
- You can create more Sidebar widgets via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Number of Sidebars
The Sidebar widgets are using for the Page Layout that have a column layout selected. See Page Options for setting a Page Layout with a Sidebar
Footer Column Widgets
Footer Column Widgets are used for the Footer area of the Theme. You can set how many column widgets you require via Appearance > Theme Options > Footer > Footer Columns.
This widget area is reserved for the Dock Bar depending on what setting you have in Appearance > Theme Options > Dock Bar > Info Dock Panel, will determine how the Widget is displayed.
- Appearance > Theme Options > Dock Bar > Info Dock Panel – Set to Static
- Appearance > Theme Options > Dock Bar > Info Dock Panel – Set to Dock Icon
Docked Menu Panel
This widget area is reserved for when the Appearance > Theme Options > Main Menu > Move to Dock Bar is enabled. This widget area will sit below the Main Menu when the Menu Icon is clicked. The above diagram shows a Rich Text Editor Widget with Social Icons shortcode added.
This widget areas is reserved for the Header area – See diagram above to see where the widget will be placed. You can control the width of the area via Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Header Widget > Width.
This Widget area is ideal for ad banners.