Learn how to Edit, Create and Apply a Skin to your site. You’ll also learn how to apply different Skins to individual pages.
Editing & Creating Skins Video Tutorial
To Customize a Skin, you’ll need to access the Customizer via WP Admin > Appearance > Customize > Customize Skins.
You can identify the Skin settings by the small “Paintbrush” icon next to each section.
To Edit, Create or apply a Skin to your site, click the Select Skin section. You’ll also notice in the above diagram that the Customizer will tell you what Skin you’re currently editing. This isn’t the necessarily the Skin that’s applied to your site.
Once you’ve clicked on Select Skin you’ll see the options in the above diagram.
- This shows the Skin you’re Currently Editing
- Use the Select box to select the Skin you wish to Edit – please wait for the page to refresh
- To create a New Skin, click the New button. Enter a Name when requested and click Save
- To Duplicate the current Skin you’re editing, click Duplicate. Enter a Name when requested and click Save
- To Delete the current Skin you’re editing, click Delete. If you delete a Skin that is bundled with the Theme, it will automatically regenerate itself with the default settings
- To Apply a Skin to your site, select the Skin you wish to use from the Select Box. If no Skin is selected here, it will use the Skin that’s currently been edited
- Once you’re done Editing, click Save & Publish
If you wish to apply a different Skins to individual pages or posts, follow these steps:
Edit the Post or Page:
- Locate the Skin tab
- Click the Skin Select Box ( Default will use the Skin that’s applied in the Customizer > Customize Skins > Select Skin > Apply to Skin )
- Choose the Skin you wish to apply to that page only.
Once you’ve selected the Skin, save the Post or Page and the Skin you’ve selected will now be applied to that page.