Learn how to use the You – Child Theme.
What is a Child Theme?
A child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality and styling of another theme, called the parent theme. Child themes are the recommended way of modifying an existing theme.
Download the Child Theme
Download the Child Theme from your ThemeForest downloads section.
- Goto Your ThemeForest Account
- Click on Downloads
- Locate the Theme and click Download
- Click All files & Documentation
- This will now download the the Main zip file to your computer
- Unzip the downloaded file. Locate the Child Theme within You-WordPress > You-Child.zip
Upload the Child Theme
Follow these steps to upload the zip file to your WordPress Themes area.
- Goto your WordPress Admin
- Click the Appearance Menu Item
- Click Themes
- Click Add New
- Click Upload Theme
- Click Choose File
- Locate the You-Child.zip file you’ve downloaded
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
Customizing Your Child Theme
This Article is a great way to get started with Customizing your Child Theme. Read from the Customizing Your Child Theme section.